Sure it takes a little extra effort – but traveling as a vegetarian or vegan is not as tough as many people think. I’ve traveled quite a bit as a vegan and have never felt like I was malnourished or missing out on a key cultural experience. In fact I’ve felt quite the opposite. If you’re open to tasting new and interesting foods like I am, you’ll be amazed at the variety of exciting things you’ll get to try when traveling. This vegetarian travel guide (along with the country specific travel links at the bottom) are meant to show that it is completely possible to stick to your vegetarian belief system and enjoy the local cuisine anywhere you go.
I have created specific pages for vegan and vegetarian travel topics.
Here they are:
- This is list of country-specific vegan travel guides. It is basically a summation of my travel experiences, so I only built pages for places I have visited or plan to visit in the near future. I aim to eventually cover every country so that this becomes a more comprehensive vegan travel resource, but for now I’ll focus on developing content for the places I’m most familiar with. Stay tuned for more info.
- This is a list of general travel resources for vegans and vegetarians travelling around the world. Includes links to restaurant guides, language guides, blogs, meetup groups, international travel sites, and articles about vegan/vegetarian travel.
- This is a list of vegetarian food products and other veg-friendly items that are geared towards travel. Each review is listed by brand and I will be writing my honest opinion about them (regardless of whether or not the food was sent to me for free). This page is a work in progress and I have quite a few products I will be writing about soon. Stay tuned.
- This is a list of interesting blogs written by vegan travelers.
- I taught a Vegan Travel Class at REI in Austin, Texas. I’m not sure if I have plans to teach another one, but if so…I’ll be posting the event details here.