Getting to know each other through travel is an unforgettable vacation experience without tedious guides and hackneyed tourist attractions. It’s an adventure with a fun company or a fellow traveler, found in advance and ideally suited to the parameters that are vital to you. It’s an effective way to change lives for the better and find like-minded people. So why not consider it as a way to find your soul mate on the other side of the world? Let’s take a look at 7 travel dating sites that will add variety to your long-awaited vacation!
The app takes the location as a basis and shows the people with whom the user could, for example, make eye contact in a cafe but was too shy to approach and get acquainted. In the rest, the principle is similar to the other online dating websites—mutual sympathy is the key to the beginning of communication. When you want a stranger to pay attention, you can send him or her a Charm and immediately start a dialogue.
The word “fellow traveler” here shouldn’t be taken radically. It can be both the planning of a joint trip, and the regular meeting with a new person already in a particular city. Everything works quickly and easily. There are a variety of filters to help you find a companion by gender, age, marital status, and even language. Of course, the language of love is universal, but it would be great when you have no misunderstandings between each other.
TourBar isn’t only about finding a soul mate, friends, and like-minded people. Still, it’s also an easy way to travel without the hackneyed phrases of professional guides and popular tourist spots. Instead, get to know the city from the inside by communicating with locals. Wherever you are, Tourbar will help you find a buddy among the natives, which means you can learn new and exciting things about the place and get into the world’s country dating culture. New dialects, streets that only the locals know about, incredible views—all this is only possible with a guide you’ll find on the site.
Travel Friendz is probably one of the fastest-growing social networks in Europe, created especially for people who love the road, travel, and adventure. So whether you’re visiting a city or a country for the first time and want to see all the local attractions, or you’re too proud of your hometown or your country and want to show it to foreigners—Travel Friendz is the place where you can make your dream come true. To become a member of this platform, it’s enough to sign up for free. Then you can browse the profiles of members who may be interested in traveling together or create your own profile, inviting people to your city.
Respect, challenging stereotypes, and making friends are what Bumble is all about. First, the service is set up not only to find girlfriend but also for friends. For example, if you’ve moved to another city, like traveling worldwide, or just want to meet like-minded people. Secondly, it’s where girls make the first move—if a guy and a girl like each other, she has 24 hours to text him first, and he has 24 hours to respond. Finally, it’s convenient as you have no annoying communication and a machine-gun line of direct messages.
MissTravel has a handy app that allows you to look for dating foreign girl on the go. The website has hundreds of registered visitors from all over the world seeking partners for an exciting trip. No one builds any matrimonial plans but simply enjoys each other’s company and gets a thrill out of new places and pleasant acquaintances. The site’s slogan “Never travel alone” inspires every platform’s newcomer.
Lovers of outdoor activities and extreme sports can meet in this app. Inspired by the story of dating his girlfriend, Mike Keshian created one of the greatest travel dating sites where even the most rabid extreme athletes can find a mate. To sign up, you need to fill out a short questionnaire, talk about yourself and specify your favorite types of outdoor activities. The list includes horseback riding, fishing, boating, rafting, diving, tennis, swimming, golf, rock climbing, hockey, snowboarding, and more. So if lying on the beach and watching the waves is not your thing, you’ll find many like-minded extreme sports here.
Helpful tips to stay safe on travel dating sites
When planning your trip and choosing your traveling companion, you shouldn’t neglect safety. After all, you should know your companion well before traveling to avoid possible negative consequences. So let’s see what tips you need to remember:
- Don’t agree to a long trip for the first time. You can try your hand at travel dating by taking part in a group tour or a short weekend trip. It’s inexpensive and safe.
- Filling out the appropriate forms, specify the range of your interests. It’s desirable to find a person not only with the right views but also with similar hobbies. There will be something to discuss and something to talk about.
- If you don’t want to run into crooks, arrange the financial side beforehand. It’s one thing when they invite you and take all the expenses. It’s another thing to be expected to pay for tickets or a hotel. Never agree to additional payments if your partner’s card was “suddenly” blocked at the last moment or a wallet was “stolen.” The number of scammers is still high even on the best travel dating sites.
- Even before the first meeting, ask your partner for a video chat. After looking at each other and saying a few words, it’ll be easier for you to decide on a trip together. Your inner voice will tell you if you can find understanding.
- Make an appointment in a crowded place—a cafe, a park, an airport hall. Tell a friend, or better a relative, where and for what purpose you’re going, and leave the contacts of your travel partner.
Finding partners through travel dating sites is truly an exciting experience. A momentary slip and a desire to spend a vacation with somebody cool can turn into incredible emotions and impressions, gratitude to yourself that you decided on a seeming adventure, as well as finding a person who will become really close to you.